* Name and surname: Christian Labbe
* Age: 35
* Nationality: Canadian
* Snowboarder since 1991
* Kitersurfer and snowkiter since 2006
* Worst Crash: Just after a start in a snowkite race 5 years ago, my kite mixed up with another 7one and started to kiteloop. It pulled me like a train, enougth to break the main front line and fold my harness hook in half. I landed in the lines of another racer. By miracle, no major injury. After getting out of lines, I made a knot in my main front line and managed to finish the race with a hook folded in half.
* Never travel without: my Iphone: to take pictures and videos on the fly, and stay connected with friends and family.
* Favorite spot in the world: Magdalen Islands ,Quebec, Canada.
* On my iPod (music):Slightly Stoopid, Jack Johnson, Sublime, original old punk (pennywise, Blink 182…)
* Inspired by: Typical surfers
* Favorite Meal: Thai food
* 1 piece of advice to other kiters: Don’t wait for the perfect conditions; kiting out of confort zone will make you better!
* Goal in sport?: improve notoriety of snowkite races, winning while having fun
* I want to travel to: Brazil
* I like to wear: my police style sunglasses
* Style: snowkite races, old school freestyle,
* Kite: F-one Diablo and Bandit
* Board: NOBILE RC2000, NOBILE NHP SNOWKITE 164 cm
Quebec CUP Feb 2008 Magog : 3rd
Quebec CUP Mar 2008 Pointe Claire: 3rd
Quebec CUP Feb 2009 Magog: 2nd
Quebec CUP Feb 2009 Pointe-Claire : 2nd
Quebec CUP Feb 2009 La Baie: 1st
Quebec CUP Jan 2010 trois rivieres: 2nd
Quebec CUP Feb 2010 Venise en Québec : 1st
Quebec CUP Feb 2010 La Baie: 2nd
WISSA 2010 : 2nd
Quebec CUP Mar 2010 Pohénégamook: 2nd
Quebec CUP Jan 2011 Venise en Québec : 2nd
Quebec CUP Feb 2011 La Baie : 2nd
Quebec CUP Mar 2011 OKA : 1st
Quebec CUP Feb 2012 La Baie : 1st
Quebec CUP Feb 2013 Saint-Placide : 1st
Quebec CUP Mar 2013 Val-Brillant : 1st
Quebec CUP Feb 2014 Saint-Placide : 1st
Quebec CUP Feb 2014 La Baie : 1st
Quebec CUP Mar 2014 Val-Brillant : 1st
Kite Challenge Jan 2015 Trois Rivières : 1st
Quebec CUP Feb 2015 La Baie : 1st
Quebec CUP Mar 2015 Lac Mégantic : 1st
Kite Challenge Feb 2016 : Trois Rivieres : 1st
REDBULL KITEFARM 13-14 Feb 2016 :Regina, Sakt, Canada : CANCELLED
Quebec CUP 27-28 Février 2016 : LaBaie, QC, Canada
Quebec CUP 5-6 Mar 2016: Lac Mégantic, QC, Canada
Quebec CUP 19-20 Mar 2016: Baie Saint-Paul, QC, Canada
REDBULL RAGNAROCK 1-3 Apr 2016 : Haugastøl, Norway: 5th
* FB: Athlete: Christian Labbé snowkite racer
* Instagram: n/a
When were you happiest? A few years ago, I got stuck in a mountain shack during a huge snowstorm with family and friends for two days. After the storm, the snowboard ride was epic!
Which living person do you most admire, and why? Jeremy Jones, one of the most influent and respected backcountry snowboarder of history.
What is your greatest fear?
I don’t focus on fear... fear confuse my mind and prevents me from moving forward. I prefer to align my thoughts on the objective.
Which book or movie changed your life?
Rudy, example of determination.
Who did you want to be when you were growing up?
I wanted to become a PRO Snowboarder.
What is top of your bucket list?
Redbull Ragnarok, travel to Brazil and New-Zeland
What is the worst job you’ve done?
Dishwasher in a restaurant!
Where would you like to live?
A place with mountains and water, where I could kitesurf and snowkite the same day!!!
How do you relax?
Snowboard, kite, movies, beers with friends,
What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
Having a garage for all my sports gear
How would you like to be remembered? As a person that enjoyed life.
What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Having a goal will influence each decision you make.
Where would you most like to be right now?
Tell us a secret - why Nobile?
Kicking ass products and great corporate culture